Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the program work?
Simply select your favorite faith-based organization and register. You will be contacted by a HomeSown.org representative and a Trusted Local Agent very shortly. You sell and/or buy a house. Upon closing, a percentage of the real estate fee collected will be donated to your faith-based organization.
- Can I designate a donation be made to any nonprofit?
HomeSown.org has chosen to support faith-based, Christ-Centered organizations. If your favorite faith-based organization would qualify, but it’s not on our list, please have them apply. We love to partner with organizations that are doing good work.
- Can I specify that the donation be used for a specific purpose within the organization?
Yes, but we cannot make any guarantees on how the funds will be used by individual organizations. The best bet is to contact the organization directly to make your requests.
- How much will the nonprofit receive?
At a minimum, the organization will receive $500 per $100,000 increments. To find out how much your faith-based organization will receive, please use the calculator at the bottom of the page.
- Will I receive a tax deduction for the donation?
No. Because Home Sown, Inc is making the donation, it is not deductible to you as the buyer or seller.
- Can I use your program if my house is currently listed by another broker?
Unfortunately, no. If you are under contract with another agent, we cannot refer you to one of our partner agents.
- Can I use the program if I have signed a buyer broker agreement?
Unfortunately, no. If you are already in an agreement with a buyer broker, we cannot refer you to one of our partner agents.
- May I request a referral to more than one agent in my market?
Yes! We would be glad to introduce you to other agents in your market who are trustworthy and share your values.
- When will my nonprofit receive the donation?
Upon closing of your transaction, a fee will be paid to the broker of HomeSown, Inc. HomeSown will then send a check to your faith-based organization within 7 days.
- Why should I use HomeSown.org?
You are going to pay for real estate service anyway. You could also have impact on the communities in which you live through ensuring that your favorite faith-based organization has the funding needed to do good work.
- How does HomeSown.org afford to make a donation?
When your transaction closes, we receive a referral fee via our Broker. We then donate a large portion of that fee back to the faith-based organization of your choice.
- How can I be sure that my selected nonprofit will receive the donation?
A main benefit of going through HomeSown.org is that we guarantee the donation to your faith-based organization. We have agreements in place with brokerages that ensure that funds are paid out at closing so that your faith-based organization receives their donation.
- Can my friends and family participate in the HomeSown.org program?
Absolutely! Please refer them to HomeSown.org to get started.
- Will HomeSown.org follow the progress of my transaction?
Yes! We will follow up with you and your agent throughout the process to ensure that you are getting the service you deserve.
- Can I split my donation between different organizations?
Yes! Please request to split this when you are contacted by your HomeSown.org representative.
- How can my nonprofit partner with HomeSown.org?
Please select “I am a faith-based organization” link on the home page to be considered for a partnership.